Your donation can change a life today!
Specialists predict by 2030 over 18,000 people will be living with vision loss in Charlotte with over 40% at or near poverty.
Individuals who are new to visual impairment or blindness often find everyday tasks a challenge. Cooking a meal, paying bills, filling out forms and getting to work may seem insurmountable. These challenges often result in unemployment, dependency, isolation, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.
With the number of people experiencing vision loss growing, more trained staff and specialized services are needed. In addition, financial limitations prevent access to expensive technology designed to remove barriers.
Metrolina Association for the Blind, Inc. offers services to overcome these challenges.
- Case Management
- Low Vision Optometry
- Low Vision Therapy
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Assistive Technology
- Orientation & Mobility
- Support Services/Transporatation
- Accessible Document Services
Last year 1,758 people learned ways to resolve their daily living challenges and become more independent. In addition, 2 million accessible pages were created for corporations nationwide. MAB’s advocacy on behalf of people who are visually impaired has resulted in transformative accessibity solutions in Charlotte.
How you can help:
1. If you or someone you know is struggling with vision loss, please call 704-887-5100.
2. Provide a business referral to MAB for accessible document production.
3. Consider a commitment of $1000 a year for 3 years to bring hope and independence to someone with visual impairment. An annual gift of $1,000 provides a year of rehabilitation to someone in need.
*Confidentiality of Donor Names:MAB may utilize the name and address of donors to send newsletters, annual reports, program information, or solicitations. MAB will honor all requests for removal from mailing lists. MAB uses names and addresses of donors for internal purposes only. To make a donation please fill out the form.